Call Us

03333 449 669

Follow Us

What risks to bars face?

As with any business, owning and running a bar or pub comes with a number of risks. Damage and theft of company property present themselves as the most obvious risks, however, should an employee injure themselves while working, your business could be taken to court and be required to pay a significant amount in compensation.

We offer a number of insurance policies designed to protect bar owners against a wide range of risks. Our relationships with insurers allow us to provide our clients with competitive quotes for comprehensive policies.

Explore the benefits of bar and pub cover with Smart Sure:

Get a bar insurance quote today

Explore the benefits of our bar and pub insurance and receive a quote today

Start your quote

What types of insurance do bars need?

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance is designed to protect you and your bar against injury or property damage claims brought against you by members of the public. If you or a member of your team injure a non-employee or damage their property, you could be held liable and be ordered to pay compensation by a court.

Public liability insurance protects you against the legal fees and obligation to pay for damage or injury that was caused.

Explore the benefits of our cover and receive a quote today

Start your quote

Employers’ liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance can protect bar and pub owners against legal claims made by their own employees. If an employee sustains an injury within your business premises or while carrying out their business duties, your business could be held liable.

Small bars and pubs could potentially be bankrupt by legal claims from employees which is why employers’ liability insurance was made compulsory in 1969 for all businesses with employees. As an essential cover, you need to ensure you receive a competitive price and comprehensive cover; this is where we can help you.

Explore the benefits of our cover and receive a quote today

Start your quote

Commercial buildings & contents insurance

Commercial buildings insurance is designed to protect you and your bar if something unexpected happens to the premises. There are certain risks that come with being responsible for a building that is being used as a bar or pub. Commercial buildings insurance covers your building against fire, theft, damage and more. You may also choose to extend your protection with business contents insurance. This covers the repair or replacement of contents within your building.

Explore the benefits of our cover and receive a quote today

Start your quote

Frequently asked questions

Employers’ liability insurance is the only commercial insurance policy that is required by law. Despite this, insurance products such as public liability are considered essential by many bar and pub owners as they provide protection against potentially devastating risks.
Insurance products such as public liability often charge an excess of around £200 although it depends on the policy. Our team compare quotes form our panel of insurers so that you can choose a policy that suits your needs and the needs of your business.
Public liability insurance is not a legal requirement in the UK but it is an important and useful cover especially for bars and pubs due to the extent that they interact with members of the public on a day-to-day basis.
If you own a bar that employees staff, you are legally required to have employers’ liability. If you do not have an employers’ liability policy, you may be fined up to £2,500 for every uninsured day.
Most buildings contents insurance policies cover theft by employees however the level of cover varies from policy to policy. We compare comprehensive policies from our panel of insurers to ensure that you find a policy that matches the needs of your business.